We love transparency, so you will find all major changes for BenchMate on this page.
BenchMate 0.10.6.8 - 07.01.2021
Major release to ease the pain while we are working on BenchMate 1.0 and the validation platform.
- Big improvement for compatibility! New minimum requirement for CPUs is now SSE2, which was introduced with the Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon64.
- Introducing y-cruncher, CINEBENCH R15 EXTREME and CINEBENCH R23.
- Online and Offline Installer, so you can customize what benchmarks, tools and prerequisites are installed. Updates can also be applied using the installer. The launcher will notify you of new updates.
- New hotkey for result saving: Just press F6 anywhere after a benchmark has finished and the result dialog will pop up.
- All major versions can be installed and run right next to each other. For example BenchMate 0.9.3 runs without hiccups next to 0.10.6.
- Latest HWiNFO SDK, improved startup time, less impact on the score by sensor readings, works next to HWiNFO now
- New hardware supported: AMD Vermeer, Intel Comet Lake and Rocket Lake, NVIDIA Ampere, AMD Navi.
- New logo, a launcher with a splashscreen and improved visuals for the client.
- New result dialog to give your results a more professional look.
- Added more details to the result dialog:
- Raw CPUID brand string
- Max Effective Clock
- Full transparency on used timers
- Motherboard DIMM count
- Amount of memory available for the OS (the MAXMEM setting)
- Windows OS build - needed for score judging on HWBOT, but will later be only visible internally for moderators
- HWiNFO DLL and driver version
- Precise and secure benchmark version
- Improved integrations for Super PI, GPUPI and CINEBENCH in terms of performance, workflow and security.
- Major changes to wPrime:
- Rewrite of the workload priority tweak (was called Child Process Priority or CPP before), it should be faster now
- New tweak to automatically apply the workload process affinities. The is exactly what Process Lasso does and helps with the synchronicity of the workload processes (the calculation should be more stable)
- Shows every result on the GUI, not only the best. This was always a big security concern for me and I finally decided to remove that "feature" from wPrime.
- Improved performance for high core count and NUMA CPUs. Try the HCC tweak with various thread options to let the benchmark breathe.
- MSVMVB6.DLL version is now shown in the wPrime GUI as well as the result dialog. Read my FB post on why this is important.
- Code cleanup and minor performance improvements
- Many improvements for the CLI wrapper that is used for all command line benchmarks (y-cruncher, 7-Zip and pifast). It is now more stable, more secure, dark-themed and you will see the command line that is executed. For y-cruncher I added the ability to select important command line parameters. These settings are saved in a configuration file, so you don't have to select them on each startup.
- Rewrite of the security background services so they "just work".
- Improved handling of CPUs with multiple NUMA nodes and high core counts (> 64 Threads) like the Threadripper 3990X.
- Lots of fixes for Windows 7 including automatic installation of all prerequisites like the mandatory SHA2 patch (be sure to select the component in the installer!)
- Better error message boxes and more as well as more detailed error messages.
- Support for GPUPI 2.3.4 so you can finally break these unbeatable old records. You have to add it manually though - just open it while BenchMate is running and it will be added instantly to the launchpad. Also be sure to set the "Timer Emulation" option to "Driver" if GPUPI cries for a valid timer (right click on the entry in the launchpad => Options/Tweaks)
- Improved security by enhanced detection of the benchmark and its version from within the running benchmark process. For example you will now find the precise Super PI version in the result dialog.
- Memory Violation error for CINEBENCH is now fixed, so you can use old graphics cards now.
- Launch errors for benchmarks are now correctly shown. For example if OpenCL or the VC Redist is not available, the appropriate error message will be displayed.